The purpose of the checkpoints is to ensure the safety of the competitors. Make sure the marshal records your time and race number when you come through a checkpoint. Failing to pass through a checkpoint or failing to stop to get your race number recorded will result in disqualification. Check the Checkpoints and Estimated Running Times document (link yet to be supplied).
You can put gear in the drop boxes going to selected checkpoints.
Checkpoint locations that have drop boxes
Marathon 1: Speewah Campground Checkpoint, about 22km into the race. SES may be here until the last runner comes through. Drop box available.
Clohesy River Road Checkpoint, about 33km into the event. Drop box available. Cut off to cach bus: 12.00pm
Marathon 2: Bridle Creek Road Checkpoint, about 13km into the race. SES may be here until the last runner comes through. No drop box available on race day. Competitors must place their gear for into this drop box during registration for Marathon 1 on the Friday.
Clohesy River Road Checkpoint, about 27km into the event (this is a different spot from Marathon 1 checkpoint on Clohesy River Road). Drop box available. Cut off to cacth bus: 11.30am
Marathon 3: Copperlode Dam Checkpoint, about 25km into the event. Volunteers will be set up at 9.30am. No drop box available on race day. Competitors must place their gear for into this drop box during registration for Marathon 2 on the Saturday.
‘Comfort foods’ such as salty chips, some Healthy Slice, fruit, water and Tailwind Nutrition will be provided at the checkpoints and finish each day.
The following conditions apply to gear placed in the drop boxes
- Make sure your drop box bag is clearly labelled with your name and race number (if known).
- ONLY include non-perishable items.
- ONLY include as many energy bars/drinks as you can physically use at the checkpoint – or intend on taking with you.
- DO NOT put valuable items such as shoes, socks or race belts in the drop boxes.
- No glass bottles please.
- Containers must be sealed (i.e. will not leak if laid down) and must be no more than 30cm in height.
- WARNING: You will not be able to get gear back from the drop boxes until the next morning or at about 3pm on the last day. Checkpoint marshals do not report back to the finish line at the end of Marathons 1 and 2.