For details, please follow the link provided below:
The Cairns Marathon is held at the same time, and over the same course as Marathon 3 of the Grand Slam 3M3D race.
The Cairns Marathon
- Terrain: ½ dirt road; ½ bitumen
- 0 – 12km: Cedar Park Rainforest Resort – Cedar Park Road – right onto Clohesy River Road to turn around close to highway – Clohesy River Road – Fig Tree loop
- 12km – 25km: Fig Tree – Clohesy River Road – gate – Copperlode Dam Checkpoint START OF THE LAKE MORRIS RACE
- 25km – 39km: Lake Morris Road (Bitumen) 5km climb before a long descend down to Checkpoint at base of Lake Morris Road
- 39km – 42.2km: (Bitumen) Lake Morris Road – left – cross road onto bitumen footpath alongside Reservoir Road. Follow footpath and cross over the service road, run past the Mobile Service Station. Left turn into Christies Drive. Cross over View Street. Follow Shale Street down to Goomboora Park. Right turn into Goomboora Park. Follow footpath to the finish.