In its third year, this race is held on the Atherton Tablelands and finishes at Speewah campground.
Date: Friday, 7 July 2017
Event Organiser: Dynamic Running Ltd.
Race Director: Lorraine Lawson
Mobile: 0417 798 444
The 3M3D event consists of three different races, all run over the same course, but varying in distance:
- 3 Marathons in 3 Days (3M3D) (126.6km), 7-9 July 2017. In its sith year. 42.2km run over three consecutive days.
- Kauri Half Marathon (21.1km), 7 July 2017. The first half of Marathon 1 of the 3M3D event.
- Cairns Marathon (42.2km), 9 July 2017 (from Cedar Park Rainforest Resort). Over the same course as Marathon 3 of the 3M3D
The information here describes details on the Kauri Half Marathon race.
Condition of entry: 16 years or older on race day. The decision to approve registrations is at the race director’s discretion. There are strict rules for junior competitors (16-17 year olds).
Your entry fee includes:
- Race fees for the selected event
- Race singlet (for all competitors who register before 1 June 2017)
- Bus trip from Cairns Colonial Club Resort to and from the race
- Personalised race bib (unless you are a late entrant)
- Finisher’s medal
- Training sessions over the course for those living in Cairns
- Basic first aid
- Refreshments after the race
- A fun, safe and professional activity
- Public liability insurance.
- Race bib to be worn on your front and visible at all times (supplied by event organiser)
- 2 x Elastoplast or Handy’s Heavy Crepe Bandage (10cmx2.3m). DON’T turn up with anything else, you will not be allowed to compete without the correct gear. (Highly recommended for Marathon 3)
- 1 x whistle
- 1 x set of maps and course description in zip lock bag (provided by event organiser)
- A hydration system with a capacity of 600mL minimum
- Nutrition to sustain running during the event
There is a gear check at registration and at the finish.
Race Kit: There is no race kit to be collected, only a race bib at registration.
Pre and post activities: Pasta Party ($30), Thursday, 6 July 2017. After Party, Sunday, 9 July 2017 at Cairns Colonial Club.
Bus transport: This is included in your race fee*. The bus leaves and returns from Cairns Colonial Club Resort. There are no other bus pick up locations. (* except for Dynamic Running club members who must pay extra if they want to catch the bus).
Start location: Coondoo Street in Kuranda, adjacent to the Kuranda Visitor Information Center.
Finish location: Speewah campground, Speewah.
Mandatory race briefing: This is online and must be viewed by all competitors PRIOR to the event. There will only be a brief mention of safety precautions and race conditions each race day. All competitors are expected to have read and understood the race rules, course, etc.
Start of Race: 6:30am.
Estimated race finishing times: The race record was broken in 2016 by Craig Overend in a time of 3:02:04 and the female record was broken in 2016 by Marie-Therese Speight in a time of 3:05:31. Slower runners can take up to 4 1/2 hours to finish this event.
Merchandise: A race singlet is included in your entry fee. You can also order a t-shirt. Merchandise will be handed out at the Pasta Party or at registration on race day.
Terrain: Single track, dirt roads, bitumen, shallow creek crossings. Steep ascent and descent sections.
Water is provided approximately every 5km. There are no cups on the course. There is no water provided for about through the Barron Gorge section from the 10km to 20km mark. You must carry your own water. There are shallow creek crossings along the course, if you intend on filling up at these, you will need to supply your own preferred water purification system.
Refreshments: Water, buns and fruit will be available at the finish.
Toilets: There are public toilets at the start and at the finish.
- If another competitor is in trouble, you must stop to help them.
- DO NOT LITTER.
- It is your responsibility to get your name ticked off at all designated checkpoints.
- No roads are closed for this event. Obey all road rules and give way to all other traffic.
- Earphones are not allowed.
- Pets/Dogs anywhere along the course are prohibited.
- Study the maps and read the course descriptions PRIOR to race day.
- Stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you think course markers are missing or you have gone the wrong way, check your map, wait for another competitor or go back.
- Mobile coverage over the course is limited.
Volunteers: Know someone that can help out? Let us know on
Photos can be accessed free of charge from the 3 Marathons in 3 Days Facebook page.
The race results will be published on the 3 Marathons in 3 Days and Dynamic Running websites, and in The Cairns Post in the week following the event.
Other Useful Information
Be happy and smile a lot. Make new friends.
Race Fees, Age Restrictions, Entry Dates and Refund Date Cut Off
|Race & Date||Cut off dates for CM and Kauri 1/2:||9.01pm, 3/4/2017||9.01pm, 22/6/17,||Registration closes 9.00pm, 5/7/17|
|Kauri Half Marathon (16+ only)
|Dynamic Running club member||$30.00||$30.00||$50.00|
No refunds after 9.00pm, 7/6/17
Late entrants will not be allocated personalised race bibs. Singlets are included for competitors who register before 1 June 2017.