In its twelfth year, this event is held on the Atherton Tablelands, Queensland and finishes in Cairns on the Sunday.
Date: Friday – Sunday, 7-9 July 2023 then 12-14 July 2024
Length: 16km to 126.6km
Event Organiser: Dynamic Running Ltd.
Race Director: Lorraine Lawson
Email: Successfully Encoded
Mobile: 0417 798 444
You must be 18 years or over to complete the registration form.
WARNING: There is a ‘ Payment Processing Fee’ that will be added to your final tally when you check out.
Registrations for the 2023 event opens soon.
- 3M3D Grand Slam on 7-9 July 2023. Three marathons run over three consecutive days.
- 3M3D Grand Slam TEAM (minimum of 2 members per team, each team member must complete the full marathon for their nominated day(s))
- Marathon 1 (M1) (7 July 2023). Over the same course and at the same time as the 3M3D.
- Marathon 2 (M2) (8 July 2023). Over the same course and at the same time as the 3M3D.
- Marathon 3 (M3) (9 July 2023). Over the same course and at the same time as the 3M3D.
- Cairns Marathon on 9 July 2023. Over the same course and at the same time as Marathon 3 of the 3M3D.
- Fig Tree Half Marathon or 10km on 8 July 2023.
- Lake Morris Road Race on 9 July 2023. (Last 16km of the Cairns Marathon)
There are a few automated options available with your registration up until 31 May 2023:
- You can cancel your registration yourself and receive a 90% refund on the entry fee.
- You can exchange your entry for a Transfer Credit, which you can then use to enter either yourself or someone else into one of our other races (valid for one year).
If you need to cancel your registration after 31 May, you can request it up to and including 9 June 2023. No refunds after 9 June. No deferrals or transfers will be possible after 31 May 2023.
Registrations for all events close on Tuesday 4 July 2023.
You can do more than one race, e.g. Marathon 1 on Friday, the Fig Tree Half Marathon on Saturday and Cairns Marathon on Sunday; or Marathon 2 on Saturday and Lake Morris Race on Sunday. You can also select to do any of the races virtual and complete it anywhere in the world.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Age restrictions (age as on race day):
3M3D: 18 years and older
Cairns Marathon: 18 years and older
Fig Tree Half Marathon: 16 years and older. Conditions apply to junior competitors 16-17 year old.
Lake Morris Road Race: 14 years and older. Conditions apply to junior competitors 14-17 year old.
3M3D Grand Slam only: You can only enter this event if you are a returning competitor or can provide evidence that you completed a sub-5 1/2 hour road marathon in 2022-2023. You can use other distances as qualifiers too, please give details on the entry form. The decision to approve registrations is at the race director’s discretion.
No prerequisites for any of the other races, except that you turn up fit and trained. We don’t have the volunteer base to deal with people who are not prepared for the distance or conditions.
Your entry fee includes:
- Race fees for the selected race
- Training shirt for those in the Grand Slam 3M3D (for anyone who registered on or before 31 December 2022)
- Personalised race bib (for anyone who registers on or before 15 June 2023)
- Finisher’s medal for each race
- 3M3D Grand Slam medal if you finish the 3M3D Grand Slam
- Training runs over the course
- Basic first aid
- Refreshments after each race
- A fun, safe and professional activity
- Public liability insurance
Dynamic Running club members and AURA members receive discounts. The event is listed on the AURA website.
Optional items you can book with your entry:
- Seat on the bus – PAY THE $5/day FOR A SEAT ON THE BUS!!! It saves our volunteers HOURS of time in trying to sort out late-comers days before the race.
- Race singlet (for anyone who registers on or before 24 May 2023) $60.00
- Ultra shirt (exclusive for 3M3D Grand Slammers who register on or before 24 May 2023) $100.00
- Emergency pack (compression bandage and whistle) $20.00
- Peak $20.00
- Towel $25.00
- Pre-race dinner $45.00
- After party on Sunday, 9 July 2023 (FREE entry, but you pay for your own food/drinks)
No refunds after 9 June 2023. There are no refunds if you opt to register in the final month prior to the event.
The organisers reserve the right to delay, alter or cancel any activities in the event of dangerous weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Should the event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever entry fees in full or part may not be refunded and no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event.