- Race bib to be worn on your front and visible at all times (supplied by event organiser)
- 2 x Elastoplast or Handy’s heavy crepe bandages (10cmx2.3m) for Marathons 1 and 2. DON’T turn up with anything else, you will not be allowed to compete without the correct gear. Highly recommended for Marathon 3.
- 1 x whistle
- 1 x set of maps and course descriptions in zip lock bag (provided by event organiser)
- A hydration system with a capacity of at least 600mL – more if you are not used to running in the tropics
- Nutrition to sustain running for each stage of the event
You can buy an ‘Emergency Pack’ that contains 2 compression bandages and a whistle for $30 when you register.
There is a gear check at registration and at selected checkpoints.
Race Kit: There is no race kit to be collected, only a race bib at registration each morning (note there is a different bib for each day).
Bus transport: This is included in your race fee. The bus leaves and returns from Cairns Colonial Club Resort each day. There are no other bus pick up locations. You need to check the list (sent via email) to ensure you have been allocated a seat on the bus!!!!
Start locations: Marathon 1, 7 July, Coondoo Street in Kuranda, adjacent to the Kuranda Visitor Information Center. Marathons 2 and 3, 8 and 9 July, at Cedar Park Rainforest Resort (turn left 1km past Koah Roadhouse off the Kennedy Highway).
Finish locations: Marathon 1 and 2: Cedar Park Rainforest Resort, Koah; Marathon 3: Goomoboora Park, Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
Registration: 6:00-6.15am each morning.
Mandatory race briefing: This is online and must be viewed by all competitors PRIOR to the event. https://youtu.be/vOJCRTQf96U There will only be a brief mention of safety precautions and race conditions each race day. All competitors are expected to have read and understood the race rules, course, etc. A link to the briefing will be provided closer to race day.
Start of Race: 6:30am each day.
Terrain: Single track, dirt roads, bitumen, shallow creek crossings. Steep ascent and descent sections.