Despite my best intentions, the training programs for 2018 3M3D will only become available in a couple of weeks! Sorry for the delay. The training programs are aimed at the novice runners only, the rest of you can sort yourselves out!
To get you started with your training, here are a couple of tips:
1) Over the next few weeks, build up your long runs to 20-25km.
2) Train at least 3 days a week, including a tempo run.
3) Do hill training at least once a fortnight, but more frequently, if you are not too tired.
4) Go to the gym and do strength work. If you don’t know what to do or how to do it, pay a PT to help you get set up with good technique. This does NOT count as one of your run days, it’s EXTRA.
Training plans for the 3M3D will be available in the next week or so. This will suit novice runners coming to do any of the distances. http://www.dynamicrunning.com.au/shop/
A big congratulations to RACHEL POLLARD who won the FREE entry into the 2018 Tailwind Nutrition 3 Marathons in 3 Days! Rachel also gets a gift pack from our sponsor, Tailwind Nutrition. Rachel is over the moon with the win and has decide to tackle the Grand Slam event. All the best with your training, Rach.
The winner was determined by a simple manual random draw using 26 numbers to represent the alphabet. After the first draw (for the first letter of the first name) the number was placed back into the pile before the second draw (for the first letter of the surname). Rachel’s name finally came up after 14 attempts – none of which matched the conditions set for the competition.
Thank you to Heidi Sweeting, Glen & Stacey Longmore and Chrissy Warman who helped with the drawing of the prize today.
After a slight glitch with the system this morning, we are up and running again. (Okay glitch was due to human error)… Great to see a few of our regulars on the entry list already! And some newbies too. Hope you have hill training on your list of things to do.
Grand Slam 3M3D
Bib # Name
1 Larry Lawson
2 Lorraine Lawson
4 Jason Ferris
6 Bernie Norris
14 Mark Dowel
32 Anja Ahale
Get in at 10am (Brisbane, Queensland time) to get the best entry fees into the event next year.
We are in the process of updating our 3 Marathons in 3 Days website. Please be patient if you find a missing link or outdated information! We are working on it… You can try the menu bar at the top of the page to navigate, if a link does not work. There are a few documents still being updated, so they will be added as soon as it’s ready.
- Race bib to be worn on your front and visible at all times (supplied by event organiser)
- 2 x Elastoplast or Handy’s heavy crepe bandages (10cmx2.3m) for Marathons 1 and 2. DON’T turn up with anything else, you will not be allowed to compete without the correct gear. Highly recommended for Marathon 3.
- 1 x whistle
- 1 x set of maps and course descriptions in zip lock bag (provided by event organiser)
- A hydration system with a capacity of at least 600mL – more if you are not used to running in the tropics
- Nutrition to sustain running for each stage of the event
You can buy an ‘Emergency Pack’ that contains 2 compression bandages and a whistle for $30 when you register.
There is a gear check at registration and at selected checkpoints.
Race Kit: There is no race kit to be collected, only a race bib at registration each morning (note there is a different bib for each day).
Bus transport: This is included in your race fee. The bus leaves and returns from Cairns Colonial Club Resort each day. There are no other bus pick up locations. You need to check the list (sent via email) to ensure you have been allocated a seat on the bus!!!!
Start locations: Marathon 1, 7 July, Coondoo Street in Kuranda, adjacent to the Kuranda Visitor Information Center. Marathons 2 and 3, 8 and 9 July, at Cedar Park Rainforest Resort (turn left 1km past Koah Roadhouse off the Kennedy Highway).
Finish locations: Marathon 1 and 2: Cedar Park Rainforest Resort, Koah; Marathon 3: Goomoboora Park, Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
Registration: 6:00-6.15am each morning.
Mandatory race briefing: This is online and must be viewed by all competitors PRIOR to the event. https://youtu.be/vOJCRTQf96U There will only be a brief mention of safety precautions and race conditions each race day. All competitors are expected to have read and understood the race rules, course, etc. A link to the briefing will be provided closer to race day.
Start of Race: 6:30am each day.
Terrain: Single track, dirt roads, bitumen, shallow creek crossings. Steep ascent and descent sections.
Entries into the 3 Marathons in 3 Days race closes at 9pm on TODAY. The late fee for the Cairns Marathon and Kauri Half Marathon takes effect at 9pm tonight as well. Cut off for entries into those two races is 9pm, 5 July 2017.