- 3 Marathons in 3 Days (3M3D) (126.6km), 7-9 July 2017. In its sixth year. 42.2km run over three consecutive days. Each marathon stands alone and you can enter 1, 2 or 3 during the registration process. The cost is the same, regardless of how many marathons you choose to enter. After each marathon you receive a medal and age category ribbon (if applicable). If you choose to do all three marathons, you also receive the coveted 3 Marathons in 3 Days medal!
- Race bib to be worn on your front and visible at all times (supplied by event organiser)
- 2 x Elastoplast or Handy’s heavy crepe bandages (10cmx2.3m) for Marathons 1 and 2. DON’T turn up with anything else, you will not be allowed to compete without the correct gear. Highly recommended for Marathon 3.
- 1 x whistle
- 1 x set of maps and course descriptions in zip lock bag (provided by event organiser)
- A hydration system with a capacity of at least 600mL – more if you are not used to running in the tropics
- Nutrition to sustain running for each stage of the event
You can buy an ‘Emergency Pack’ that contains 2 compression bandages and a whistle for $30 when you register.
There is a gear check at registration and at selected checkpoints.
Race Kit: There is no race kit to be collected, only a race bib at registration each morning (note there is a different bib for each day).
Bus transport: This is included in your race fee. The bus leaves and returns from Cairns Colonial Club Resort each day. There are no other bus pick up locations. You need to check the list (sent via email) to ensure you have been allocated a seat on the bus!!!!
Start locations: Marathon 1, 7 July, Coondoo Street in Kuranda, adjacent to the Kuranda Visitor Information Center. Marathons 2 and 3, 8 and 9 July, at Cedar Park Rainforest Resort (turn left 1km past Koah Roadhouse off the Kennedy Highway).
Finish locations: Marathon 1 and 2: Cedar Park Rainforest Resort, Koah; Marathon 3: Goomoboora Park, Redlynch Valley, Cairns.
Registration: 6:00-6.15am each morning.
Mandatory race briefing: This is online and must be viewed by all competitors PRIOR to the event. https://youtu.be/vOJCRTQf96U There will only be a brief mention of safety precautions and race conditions each race day. All competitors are expected to have read and understood the race rules, course, etc. A link to the briefing will be provided closer to race day.
Start of Race: 6:30am each day.
Terrain: Single track, dirt roads, bitumen, shallow creek crossings. Steep ascent and descent sections.
Entries into the 3 Marathons in 3 Days race closes at 9pm on TODAY. The late fee for the Cairns Marathon and Kauri Half Marathon takes effect at 9pm tonight as well. Cut off for entries into those two races is 9pm, 5 July 2017.
Cut off for pesonalised plate(s) for your medal(s) and a personalised race bib is 9.00pm, 21 June. So if you want those, the time to register will be NOW! https://regonline.activeglobal.com/3M3D2017
LATE FEES kick in at 9pm on 22 June (3M3D) and on 29 June (CM, Kauri Half)
Pasta Party – last chance to pay up for this great event is 29 June. Register here: https://regonline.activeglobal.com/3M3Dparty2017
CUT OFF is at 9.00pm on 29 June (3M3D) and on 5 July (CM, Kauri Half)
All competitors please note that as per our refund policy registration is not transferable to other people. If the competitor is unable to compete, a request for refund of the registration fee must be submitted to the organiser at least one month prior to race day. A 10% administration fee applies to all refunds.
NO refunds for the 3 Marathons in 3 Days, Cairns Marathon or Kauri Half Marathon after 9.00pm tonight, 7 June 2017
Lorraine Lawson is a running coach, 3M3D race director and competitor in the event herself. She has put together a training program for those new to stage trail racing ($5.00). If you are keen to get access to her book aimed at novice runners, pick it up online for only $10.00. http://www.dynamicrunning.com.au/shop/
The Registration Blitz for the Tailwind Nutrition 3M3D will officially open online at https://regonline.activeglobal.com/3M3D2017 on Monday, 14 November 2016 at 7.00am, and last through to 6.59am on 21 November 2016. The time-zone is AEST or GMT+10, Brisbane Time. The first 10 people to register for each race will receive a 30% discount off the entry fee, while all other competitors registering through to the end of the Blitz will receive a 20% discount. If you miss out, you can access the early bird offer until 9.00pm on 3 April 2017.
Current Dynamic Running club members, remember to use the discount code DRmember. Ignore the Blitz as all race fees for club members are cheaper than even the Blitz fees!